Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Reflection for WBL Course #2 in Library


Image result for code of finding careers
  On November 14, 2016, the web academy had a WBL course to attend at the CCEC, formerly known as the library. It was unexpected but we went upstairs as a group. We came into the library and were handed a really thick packet of papers. The course was based on learning about various methods in order to find our strengths. Finding our strengths is the beginning of the pathway onto pursuing the career we want. I found this course to be educative, since you learn a little more about yourself and the things you can be good at. But to me, in my opinion, I feel like the activities we took and talked about, as well reviewed, didn't mean much. The activities were taking quick quiz's based on what we preferred, from one thing to another. I went through them in a breeze, and I felt like it confused me a little. It wasn't like I was confused on what my results meant, but on the actual results. Since I already know what I want to be in the future and what I'm skilled at, the results somewhat opposed but yet agreed with my choices. I want to be an accountant as my major and have minors in technology based careers or have a minor in real estate.
  Overall, the course gave me a different insight on my skills and likes but I had already taken similar activities in order to be sure of my career choices. I feel confident in myself in order to fullfill my dreams and stay on task with my studies. The course made me feel a little more motivated knowing I can be successful in life and have a bright future, not having to struggle financially. If I stay focused throughout my high school years as well as my college years, I will definitely be at the place I dream of now. The college I plan to attend is somewhat high quality as well, so I have to keep trying hard and putting my best effort. This course made me feel that way, to keep getting skilled in my area but as well build up on my weaknesses.
  My results were towards Enterprising, Conventional and Social. This are my strengths and I knew this even before taking this quiz's/activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment